Decorating a room looks so easy on interior design tv shows, does it not? Within an hour, a HGTV designer has knocked down walls, gone shopping, selected merchandise or materials and designed an entire room. They never divulge the cost or how they coordinate or pay the contractors. How would you know what is involved in decorating a room? Read on to find out what is involved in rejuvenating a space in your home.
Between the commercials the selected items show up and the contractors get to work installing, painting, moving around furniture and adding final touches. Looks easy enough for anyone to tackle on their own right? Wrong!
Folks, listen up! Although it’s called reality TV, it is far from true reality. These particular home improvement shows are meant to inspire homeowners to update or renovate their own home. Read on to find out how much time is really involved in decorating a home.
What Does An Interior Designer Actually DO?
- create a decorating budget and stick to it
- pre-selecting design worthy materials most often, to match that budget
- coordinating contractors, orders, shipments, etc.
- finalizing decorating decisions, delivery dates, focus on smaller details
- ordering product, watching backorders
- phone calls/faxes/emails to design workrooms to follow up with orders
- arranging installations, deliveries and coordinating contractor’s schedules
- supervising contractors and fielding decorating issues
Do You Hire An Interior Designer To Redecorate?
Is it worth hiring a professional interior designer to avoid making costly mistakes? You bet! Getting a decorating professional’s view will bring fresh ideas that you may not have considered. An educated designer is an expert in their field. They will know how to create good design. A designer can be your front line. Materials or furnishings can come in damaged or back ordered. They will handle all issues. An expert in interior design can help you avoid choosing wrong colors purchasing wrong sized items…..the list goes on. It’s all in a day’s work for them.
Contact us if you want some help with the decorating process. Our professional interior designer, Melanie Langford has been working this field for over 20 years.
We stumbled upon this fantastic blog from Lumar Interiors. The article provides detailed information on a typical decorating project. I just had to share, I couldn’t have said it any better! Read on