Having fresh and beautiful plants inside your home is an ideal way of making your home look and feel lovely. There are so many benefits that you can enjoy from decorating your home interior with plants. Plants can give your home a refreshing look and make it cozier. Your family and your visitors will surely love to stay in the comfort of your home thanks to those beautiful plants. Here are some ways to decorate using plants to make your home look and feel lovely.
Fill Up Empty Corners
The good thing about using plants as home decor is that you can place them anywhere inside your home without having to worry about them not getting enough sunlight. You can use this to your advantage and place your plants all around your home’s interior.
- Placing plants on empty corners makes a lot of difference especially if the interior lacks decoration.
- Placing tall houseplants including yucca, Norfolk island pine, philodendron, and fiddle leaf ficus on empty corners helps give a rich texture to your home. These houseplants become even more fabulous when they are placed on the sides of living rooms. If you are in the area, you may want to ask Riverside arborists to assist you.
Make a Plant Wall
If you are tight on space, you may want to create a plant wall by hanging up a couple of plants with the help of ceiling hooks or wall-mounted brackets. Creating a plant wall is especially a good idea if you want to keep your houseplants out of reach from your children or pets. Ideal houseplants for making a plant wall include ferns, English ivy, and pothos.
You can also place tall houseplants in a sterile-looking bathroom to give it a warm atmosphere and add a natural touch to the room. This can help elevate the aesthetic appeal of your entire home.
Use Your Shelves
You can showcase your houseplant collection by putting them on shelves, which ensures their safety as they are now out of reach from your children or pets, and adds a touch of elegance to your interior.
Putting several houseplants on a shelf makes for an artistic look, allowing the plants to give your home a lovely aesthetic.
Use Plants as the Focal Point of Your Living Room
Your living room will look empty until you decorate with plants. Put a lush and tall houseplant next to your entertainment system or sofa sets to brighten up the space. Tall houseplants with branches and leaves that reach up to the ceiling are preferable because they make the living room more spacious and inviting.
You can also use plants as the focal point for your side tables and tabletops. Lush, green plants emit a stylish aura that’s the same from a sculpture, which helps give your home a natural touch. You can use ferns including bird’s nest, blue star, and rabbit’s foot fern as the focal point of your side tables and tabletops as they give a natural texture to your home’s interior.
Use Plants as an Elegant Room Divider
Another effective way of using houseplants is to use them as a room divider. If you simply want to separate your living room from your dining room but don’t want to use a wall, you can use plants as an elegant room divider between the two areas of your home. For this purpose, you will want to use tall, large houseplants as an elegant room divider like corn plant and majesty palm.
Decorate Using Plants Using Creative Planting Pots
The containers or pots can sometimes determine the look of your plants when placed inside the home. This is why when using houseplants as home decor, you have to be creative with the containers or pots as much as possible.
- Houseplants are usually sold in cheap black plastic pots which look dull and boring. You can, however, choose to place them inside a container that matches the overall design of your home.
- Be creative with your pots or containers. Let them complement the look of your plants and other decorations inside your home.
- You may also want to use your creativity by placing these plants together in one pot or container. You can either have different varieties of a plant in one pot or a group of plants with interesting contrasts in one container.
- Help can be creative! Companies like Bellarine Trees can offer you another creative hand when it comes to choosing the right kinds of plants for your home.
Pick the Right Houseplant
Not all plants are ideal for home decor. You have to pick the right ones to grow inside your home. You have to choose plants that are low on maintenance but are exquisitely beautiful.
You also have to take into consideration the location of your home when looking for ideal houseplants. Choose plants that will thrive in your home’s conditions so you can grow them successfully. You may want to go for Riverside tree service experts to help you if you are in the area.
Plants can make any space look and feel lovely. This is why to decorate using plants is so ideal for home and office decorations. But plants are not just there as decorations. They can also help us feel better and reduce our daily stress levels. Having a lovely feel within your home allows you to relax more.
This post is a collaboration and may contain relatable and relevant affiliate links. All opinions are our own and for informational purposes only.
Daniel has worked in the management, cutting, and caring of trees for the last 20 years. He works and helps run Bellarine Trees and is passionate about the environment and tree worker safety. He has a wife and two daughters and he enjoys playing tennis in his spare time.