Plants create a wonderful presence indoors. In addition to brightening up your home, they can also help purify the air. Here are some helpful tips to decorate with plants and clean the room air.
No matter where you live, you can find the right plant to have indoors. Plants can bring a certain charm to your home and most are relatively easy to take care of. You will also benefit from their ability to help clean the air in your home.
Tips to Decorate a Room With Plants
When you know how to decorate with plants, it can bring a splash of color to your room. This will make your home look more inviting and welcoming. It is a simple way to liven up any room.
In addition, plants can help you feel less stressed and even boost your creativity. A 1989 study by NASA found that certain plants can help reduce indoor air pollutants such as ammonia, xylene, trichloroethylene, formaldehyde, and benzene. With these pollutants gone, people are able to breathe easier and not feel as bothered by allergies.
Choose The Best Plants to Cleanse the Air
Some plants are better to have indoors. In addition to having the ability to clean the air, they look beautiful. Just be sure to make sure that if you own pets, none of the plants you buy are toxic to them.
Lavender, English Ivy, Aloe Vera, Bamboo Palm, Boston Fern, Peace Lily, Ficus, Snake Plant, and Spider Plant are some of the best indoor plants to have for purifying the air. Having these plants in your home can help you breathe easier, recover quicker from illness, stress less, and feel better in general.
How to Decorate With Plants
- It is best to get plants from local farmers’ markets or nurseries. Not only are you supporting a local business this way, but you are also getting plants that are likely healthier and free of harsh pesticides.
- Whenever you buy a plant, it is important to read the care instructions to make sure you give it the proper water and place it somewhere where it will get the right amount of sun.
- Filling your room with lots of different plants can give it character and make it more attractive. It is best to add some variety and style your room with different types of plants instead of all the same kind.
- Potted plants can make great centerpieces on tables or be used to fill empty or awkward spaces in your room.
- Ivies and ferns can make great hanging plants to accent your room, giving a beautiful cascading effect.
Don’t be afraid to get creative when decorating your home with plants.
Brighten Up Your Home
Indoor plants are a great way to brighten up your home and improve the air. Not only will you create a peaceful space, but also you will feel better physically. With the right arrangements of plants, you can really change the aesthetic of your room for the better.
This post is a collaboration and may contain relevant affiliate links. All opinions are our own and for informational purposes.